Based in the U.S.
The Future Today Institute is hiring an Event Manager to plan and execute our various FTI gatherings.
You are a creative, experienced event designer and manager who has built memorable experiences for small and large groups. You are detail-oriented, work well under pressure, and know how to stick to a budget. You're adept at communicating with CEOs and Nobel Laureates, and you're also skilled at negotiating with vendors. You care deeply about creating meaningful events that bring people together. You never, ever miss a deadline. And, of course, you are passionate about the future.
Your Role as an Event Manager
You will work alongside the FTI team to design, build and execute a variety of fantastic events. These include: conferences, salon dinners, half-day summits, tech trend report launches, end of year holiday parties, and our (in)famous PowerPoint Karaoke evenings. You will source venues and vendors, develop themes and visual elements, select menus, and manage all of the other details that go into memorable events.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Event design and management. Collaborate with FTI leaders to conceive creative and innovative ideas for events. Work with senior FTI leaders to design and execute all events and deliverables. Anticipate what’s needed next by the team.
• Plan and execute national and international events ranging from small intimate dinners and receptions, to large-scale full-day workshops and panel discussions.
• Budget development and management. Develop individual budgets for each event. Manage multiple vendors, event contributors, caterers, AV technicians, livestreaming crews and photographers.
• Oversee all logistics. Develop all planning documents: scripts, run of show, productin schedules.
• Conduct analysis. Develop post-event tracking system and ROI analysis.
• Market events. As needed, develop marketing strategies for event outreach. Develop target lists and audiences for each event.
• Manage and deploy RSVP systems.
• Participant management. Work directly with participants using the appropriate tone in conversations and in emails.
• Work directly with clients and partners on planning and execution to ensure that expectations were exceeded.
• Source and work with sponsors on occasion.
• Stay on top of event trends. Research the latest and most interesting trends in events and in-person gatherings. Develop a portfolio of unique experiences.
• 5+ years experience
• Excellent track record of success designing, building and executing events
• Creative thinker, ability and willingness to try new concepts and ideas
• Great at basic accounting: managing budgets, P&Ls
• Experience working on large conferences (greater than 500 people)
• Great communication skills: interact with clients using the right tone in emails, in person, and in virtual meetings
• Passionate about creating meaningful experiences for people
• Great under pressure
• Experience working with remote teams and in virtual office environments
• Flexible, adaptable and open to different ways of solving problems
• Willingness to travel
Does this sound like you?
Follow this link to apply. You will be asked for a resume or CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re interested in the Future Today Institute – and also tell us some of your most memorable events (either those you created or attended). Let us know the first date you are available for employment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. The Future Today Institute is an equal opportunity employer.