The Future Today Institute is hiring a Junior Associate to assist with client-facing strategic foresight projects.
You enjoy working in teams and with clients on a variety of wicked problems. You are someone who pays meticulous attention to detail. You’re a great listener. You excel at synthesizing large amounts of information to tell a story. You never miss a deadline. And, of course, you are passionate about the future.
Your Role as a Junior Associate
You will work alongside senior FTI leaders and play an active role in our client engagements. This includes participating in our on-site client meetings and conducting strategic conversations (telephone, video and in-person) with our clients. You will also gather and analyze information, write reports and present your findings to FTI leaders and in collaboration with leaders during client meetings.
One of our core values at the Future Today Institute is experiential learning. You will receive hands-on mentoring and training in New York City as you build your strategic foresight skills. We’ll also ask you to assist in teaching and training sessions offered at universities and to the public.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Client support. Support senior FTI leaders in their client meetings and deliverables. Anticipate what’s needed next by the team.
• Workshop support. Assist senior FTI leaders in preparations for on-site workshops. During workshop days, record proceedings with meticulous information that can be used to develop client-facing read-out reports and analysis.
• Research and analysis. Generate detailed reports following client meetings and workshops. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to support emerging tech trends, scenarios, and strategy projects.
• Emerging tech trends research. Assist our tech trends team in their work on our annual reports.
• Teaching support. Assist FTI leaders as needed in their external-facing training and teaching work.
• 2 – 4 years experience working at a consulting or research company
• University degree and an excellent academic record
• Excellent writing skills (we will ask for writing samples from qualified candidates)
• Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas
• Ability to synthesize huge amounts of information into interesting, readable reports
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Great communication skills: interact with clients using the right tone in emails, in person, and in virtual meetings
• Strong record of leadership in an academic, managerial or extracurricular setting
• Passionate about strategic foresight
• Deeply interested in emerging technologies and science
• Experience working with remote teams and in virtual office environments
• Flexible, adaptable and open to different ways of solving problems
• Willingness to travel
We offer a competitive, full-time benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401k, six weeks of paid vacation, all federal holidays off, and a base salary range of $85,000 - $100,000.
Does this sound like you?
This position has now been filled. We will reopen this position in spring 2020.
You will be asked for a resume or CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re interested in the Future Today Institute – and also tell us why you’re interested in strategic foresight. Let us know the first date you are available for employment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and be available to work in Manhattan. The Future Today Institute is an equal opportunity employer.