The Future Today Institute is hiring a Senior Associate to oversee our client-facing strategic foresight projects.
You are an experienced consultant who has helped clients with their most challenging problems. You are a detail-oriented manager who drives exceptional results. You make sure deadlines are met and client expectations are exceeded, and you do this while inspiring others.
You care deeply about the future, and you prioritize high-impact work. You’re interested in helping organizations succeed and in helping others learn.
Your Role as a Senior Associate
You will work alongside FTI leaders and play an active role in our client engagements. This includes facilitating on-site client meetings and conducting strategic conversations (telephone, video and in-person) with our clients. You will lead work streams and manage junior team members to ensure high-quality execution and output.
One of our core values at the Future Today Institute is experiential learning. You will receive hands-on mentoring and training in New York City to build or strengthen your strategic foresight skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead client engagements. Lead and manage client projects across our key areas: foresight projects, workshops, content development and research. Serve as the owner of project deliverables, including prep work, pre-meeting work, conference calls, project plan and written reports.
• Lead workshops and client meetings. Support our clients with strategic advising on how to confront deep uncertainties, how to gain competitive advantage by early signal sensing and scenario mapping.
• Lecturing and presenting. Develop presentations and lectures to deliver to clients and to the public.
• Research and analysis. Generate detailed reports following client meetings and workshops. Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to support emerging tech trends, scenarios, and strategy projects.
• Drive business growth. Support FTI in new business development and outreach. Assist FTI in recruiting new talent.
• Emerging tech trends research. Assist our tech trends team in their work on our annual reports.
• Teaching support. Assist FTI leaders as needed in their external-facing training and teaching work.
• MBA or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience working within a consulting or research company
• Training, certificate or degree in strategic foresight from an accredited program preferred
• Demonstrated ability to manage work streams involving junior and senior team members
• Proven ability to lead teams
• Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Passionate about strategic foresight
• Deeply interested in emerging technologies and science
• Experience working with remote teams and in virtual office environments
• Flexible, adaptable and open to different ways of solving problems
• Willingness to travel
We offer a competitive, full-time benefits package including medical and dental insurance, 401k, six weeks of paid vacation, all federal holidays off, and a base salary range of $160,000 plus a competitive bonus structure.
Does this sound like you?
This position has now been filled. We will reopen this position in spring 2020.
You will be asked for a resume or CV and a cover letter. In your cover letter, tell us why you’re interested in the Future Today Institute – and also tell us why you’re interested in strategic foresight. Let us know the first date you are available for employment. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and be available to work in Manhattan. The Future Today Institute is an equal opportunity employer.