Build better futures with the Future Today Institute.
We are a team of futurists who are passionate about helping our clients prepare for deep uncertainty. With diverse backgrounds in strategic foresight, game theory, business and management theory, technology, science, design and political science, we believe strongly in cross-disciplinary approaches to wicked problems. We are enthusiastic about foresight – and helping our clients learn the FTI way.
Founded in 2006, the Future Today Institute researches, models and prototypes future risk and opportunity. As the leading advisory to executive leadership teams worldwide, FTI’s data-driven applied research reveals trends and calculates how they will disrupt business, government and society. Together with our clients and partners, FTI is helping leaders achieve their preferred futures. Our pioneering, data-driven forecasting methodology and tools empower leaders to make better decisions about the future, today.
How we work
Together with our clients and partners, FTI is helping leaders achieve their preferred futures. FTI values and promotes:
- Curiosity. We confront our own cherished beliefs continuously and we guide those we work with to do the same.
- Learning. We are always learning, recalibrating, improving.
- Evangelizing. We communicate the value of strategic foresight, engage others in using it, and teach those who want to learn.
- Discipline. We do everything required to conduct excellent research, produce exceptional work and to meet our deadlines.
- Empathy. We work hard to understand our coworkers, people, our clients and their fears, difficulties and desire/ resistance to changing the future.
We invest in our people. So we offer exceptional perks and benefits, which include the usual (competitive compensation, health benefits, 401k plan, paid family leave) and the unusual (quarterly sabbaticals, a healthy training stipend, learning journeys, mentoring opportunities, registrations for experiences).
Yes, we're hiring.
The Future Today Institute is hiring a Quantitative Analyst with experience in developing models and thinking creatively about complex problems. You will support our internal operations at FTI and will support our client services. You'll identify hypotheses and metrics, formulate and shape models, define the analytical scope and method for projects, and develop projections for risk, growth and opportunity. Much of your work will be project-based and quite varied. This is a dynamic position and well-suited to someone with an insatiable curiosity and interest in experimentation.